Included is the latest statement from the NCSC regarding the international Ransomware cyber attack.
Advice and guidance to individuals and businesses on how to protect yourself from Ransomware.
Please read the attached statement from the NCSC regarding the international Ransomware cyber attack.
Key advice to businesses and individuals:
- Understand the technical estate that you are responsible for, and patch all software on all systems within. Microsoft have also now released a patch for legacy Windows XP systems relevant to this malware.
- NCSC have also released additional defence steps relevant to the enterprise network defender.
- Use Anti-Virus software at all times and ensure that it too is updated.
- Backup your system or critical data to a storage device that is not within the same network. Consider cloud storage options where suitable.
- If you believe that you have been a victim of a ransomware attack, report it to Action Fraud.
Please see the links below for more guidance:
• General advice on how to protect yourself from ransomware: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/protecting-your-organisation-ransomware
• General NCSC advice on patching systems: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/vulnerability-management
• Specific NCSC work with Tech community on mitigating this malware: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/finding-kill-switch-stop-spread-ransomware-0
• Guidance for home users: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/ransomware-guidance-home-users
• Guidance for enterprise: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/ransomware-guidance-enterprise-administrators